Chicken thighs are a great, inexpensive choice for dinner. They’re so juicy and, with lemon and rosemary, they’re sure to be a hit.
Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thighs
o 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs trimmed of excess fat
o 3 tablespoons lemon juice
o 2 tablespoons olive oil + 1 for searing chicken
o 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 2 tsp. dried
o 1 garlic clove, minced
o Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Heat a pan and add about a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.
3. Rinse chicken thighs; pat dry. ‘
4. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary and garlic.
5. Brush 1/3 of mixture over chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Arrange thighs, skin side down in the pan over medium high heat, cooking for about 5 – 7 minutes, until skin is brown and crispy.
7. Using tongs, turn chicken thighs skin side up.
8. Brush another 1/3 of lemon-juice mixture over skin and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
9. Continue cooking about another 7 minutes.
10. Brush final 1/3 of lemon-juice mixture over chicken (discard any leftover lemon-juice mixture).
11. Bake until juices run clear when pricked with a fork and meat is no longer pink at the bone, about 30 – 40 minutes.
I like to serve this with crispy thyme & rosemary potatoes and asparagus.