My husband is still having trouble eating but he came home a few days ago with a container of Amish Macaroni Salad and he loved it. Since it’s one of the things he’s actually enjoyed eating I want to be sure he has it whenever he wants. I’ve haven’t made it for a really long time so I dusted off my recipe and made a batch today. I’m sure he’ll love it!
This macaroni salad is colorful, tasty, and a perfect side dish for all those summer barbeque meals. It’s a bit on the sweet side so feel free to adjust the sugar to suit your taste.
Amish Macaroni Salad
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni, drained and cooled
- 3 hardboiled eggs, finely diced (reserve a couple of slices for garnish)
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely diced
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 2 tbs. yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, onion, celery, and bell pepper.
- In a small bowl stir together the salad dressing, mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt, and celery seed.
- Pour over the vegetables, and stir in macaroni until well blended.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving.