I was nominated for The One Lovely Blog Award by Purple Slob in Recovery a.k.a. Melinda. If you haven’t yet checked out her blog you must! She’s funny and real. I want her as a roommate!
The Rules for this award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Post about the award. Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate, AT MOST, 15 people.
- Tell your nominees the good news!
Okay. Thank Melinda. Check.
7 facts about myself I haven’t already told the world? This is going to be tough.
- I’m an unrepentant pen thief. You could have $100 bills all over your desk and if I saw a Bic Stic beneath them I’d have to struggle not to pocket it. I ask if I can have pens at every bank, dentist office, doctor’s office, etc. I enter.
- I threaten my dogs. I tell them I’m going to A) hit them with a big stick (they don’t seem to take my seriously because I’ve never actually hit them with a big stick. Mostly they just laugh when I say I will) and B) tell them I’m going to throw them out in the snow. (When they remind me it’s summer and there is no snow I tell them I’m going to throw them out there and make them wait for snow!)
- When I win a really big lottery I’m going to buy a new set of wooden kitchen utensils.
- I haven’t purchased a lottery ticket in years.
- I met Mr. Comfortable online way back when there were no dating sites.
- I know two great ways to get rid of a body. *Disclaimer: I have never actually used either one because killing people is wrong. Even if those people leave the toilet seat up or can’t figure out how to replace the toilet paper roll. If you use either of my methods then realize you needed the body for insurance purposes don’t blame me.
- I’m the only person in my family who doesn’t know how to play poker.
I really am terrible at nominating people. It’s not because I don’t know a lot of blogs that deserve the award. It’s that I know some people don’t like doing the awards and I’m afraid they’ll hate me if I nominate them and either never visit me again or sneak into my house at night and pour poison in my ear. So if I nominate you and you don’t want to accept I understand. Just don’t hurt me.
My nominees (in no particular order) are:
Mommy Training Wheels because I love reading mom blogs and she’s funny and serious and wonderful!
Bern Bakes because I want to lick my screen when I visit!
His Perfect Timing because we all need spiritual inspiration.
Betcha Didn’t Know because there’s so much we don’t know!
The Shameful Sheep because ya gotta love a woman who says she’d “…would rather have my nipples bit by ravenous mosquitoes than go to the gym…”