The absolutely amazing Maggie from Dreaming of Guatemala nominated me for this award. If you haven’t checked out her blog you’re missing something really special! I love this young woman and she inspires me, an old lady, with her optimism, her wisdom, and her faith! Thank you for the nomination, Maggie!
My friend Okoto from Okoto Enigma created this award and, in her words, the “Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.” So you can see why I consider this a great honor!
Now on to the questions Maggie chose for her nominees!
1. What’s a good book that you recently read? I actually haven’t been reading as much as I used to because I need new glasses. I’m restricted to the books that have large print so I’m rereading The Hunger Games trilogy.
2. I have (had) five siblings. Four brothers who were much older (24 years, 23 years, 21 years, and 12 years older) who have all passed away, and one sister who is a mere 3 years older!
3. Oh, gosh! I have so many favorites! If I didn’t I wouldn’t be so round! Anything that falls into my “comfort food” group like Chicken Fried Steak would be really high on the list. And I keep refining my recipes for my favorites.
4. I used to play piano, flute, piccolo, and trumpet. I really need to try to find a flute again so I can start playing. It’s so relaxing and actually helps with memory!
5. If you know me you know I’m
terrifying strange odd eccentric. Yeah. Let’s go with eccentric. One of my favorite lines is from the movie Collateral and requires a little background for the people who haven’t seen the movie. Tom Cruise plays Vincent, a hitman hired to kill 5 people in one night. Jamie Foxx plays Max, the unfortunate driver of the taxi Vincent hires for that night. Vincent enters a room on an upper floor while Max waits in the taxi. When Vincent shoots the man in the room the victim falls out of the window and crashes into the parked cab. When Vincent returns to the cab Max shouts, “You killed him!” and Vincent calmly responds, “No. I shot him. The bullet and the fall killed him.” Because ya gotta love accuracy!
My nominees are:
Apricots and Admiration because this blog is wonderful and funny and more people need to discover it!
New Garden Homestead because gardening, recipes, and cutting expenses! This is my kind of gal!
Mama in the Country because she’s just getting started and I know she’s going to be great!
Crazy Love Parents because I so enjoy the topics and writing and her 10 year old son did a “guest post” that blew me away!
Estonian Cuisine because Ruta is teaching us all about Estonian food and Oatmeal and Berry Cake!