Thank you so much to Hannah Grace of Hannah Reads for this nomination. Versatility is something I strive for and this recognition from Hannah means a lot.
I realize a lot of bloggers think these kinds of nominations are frivolous but I appreciate the thought behind the nominations. These awards are a way to show our fellow bloggers that we do read their work. They show that we appreciate the time it takes to develop or adapt a recipe or the courage it takes to expose inner feelings. They show that we are interested in what they write. While not every post may touch every reader in the same way, these awards are just a way to say, “I notice your work and I care.”
The Rules :
- Show the award on your blog
- Thank the person that has nominated you
- Share 7 different facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 blogs of your choice
- Link your nominees and let them know about the nomination
7 facts about me:
- I am nearly all Irish although there was a very long time, due to bad handwriting on a very old census, that I thought I was Jewish.
- I have only spent a few months of my entire life without a pet of some kind.
- I use my loud voice and humor as a way to hide how basically insecure I am.
- If I won a huge lottery I would build a “Corleone Compound” for my family because I can think of nothing better than having my family as my neighbors.
- I hate shopping for clothing. I’d rather wear something until it’s nearly in shreds than to have to shop.
- My favorite color is blue. No. Purple. No. Green. I don’t really have a favorite color.
- I just started watching “Lost” long after the rest of the world. Yay, Netflix!
Each of the blogs I’m nominating are some of the ones I’ve really come to enjoy. I know that some of you will find this nomination a bit annoying but you don’t have to go through the steps. Just know it’s my way of saying thank you for the writing you do.
I know I’m short of the 15 nominations but I think I smell smoke. Seriously.